Friday, March 28, 2008

Best Gluten Free bread I have EVER had!!!

I have not had gluten-free bread for about 6 months. I fail almost every time I make it and do not like store bought. Yesterday, I had such a craving for bread I went to the store and bought Bobs Red Mill Bread mix. I happened to get onto my myspace and one of my gluten-free friends had a posting from Epicurious magazine on baking gluten-free. Ironic huh??? Well I took two of the tips and tried them.1) Place a iron skillet filled with water in the oven with the bread to increase moisture (make sure you check the water and add more if needed2) Take the bread out of the bread pan when it is able to hold its own shape and place it on a pizza stoneI also added about 2 T Honey to the mix. Talk about the best gluten-free bread ever. I usually like my homemade bread warm. The next day I hate how it falls apart and MUST be toasted. Well, today I had a chicken salad sandwhich on the moistest white bread I have had in 1.5 years. Funny thing is I have used Bobs Red Mill before and it was just OK. I really think the pan of water made the world of difference!TRY IT....Gotta go and eat a peanut butter sandwhich. LOL

No comments: